Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Quiet as a Button

A phone conversation...

Jeremy: He hardly talks. He's quiet as a button.
Me, laughing: Quiet as a button?
Jeremy: Yes. Have you ever heard a button??
Me: No, but is that really a saying? Did you make that up?
Jeremy: I don't think so.
Me: Wait, do you mean "cute as a button"? It's "quiet as a mouse."
Jeremy: (Pause) Maybe it's a funny saying.
Me: (No words - can't stop laughing)
Jeremy: Mimic the button.
Me: (New laughter)
Jeremy: You're not doing a good job. You're fired.

And that's how it often goes in our house. Except sometimes I make the mistake (gasp!) and Jeremy makes fun. But it's always amusing...

1 comment:

  1. I love you guys. I'm so glad you're together. :)

    Life spent laughing with your best friend is the best thing ever...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! Don't worry if you don't have a Google account - you can comment anonymously, but just leave your name, too. Let me know you were here, even if this is an "old" post. =)